Thursday, November 8, 2012

Unintentionally applied for a Kohl's Charge Card? What just happened?

So, earlier today I went to Kohl's to purchase some new converse shoes, and while I made the purchase the cashier lady asked if I wanted 20% off of my purchase by applying for what I mistakenly believed was a rewards card, since she only mentioned it was a "card".So I agreed to it, since I figured it was something like my rewards cards from Barnes & Noble and Famous Footwear or something.

It kinda got fishy when they asked for my SSN, but I ended up giving it to them though I hesitated. Later I did some research and found out it was actually a CREDIT CARD, which I guess made more sense … Luckily, the application did not go through, at least I think it didn't. She said I could get $10 off anyway just by applying? I don't remember if she mentioned that I would get a "letter" in the mail, but I'm kind of freaking out right now because I just REAALLYY do NOT want a credit card or anything right now.

So, did I unintentionally get a Kohl's Charge Credit Card? If so, how do I cancel it? Should I be concerned? And does applying for one do anything to my credit? (I have no clue how credit even works. I practically do not have any money left after my purchase.)
>>> Unintentionally applied for a Kohl's Charge Card? What just happened?