Friday, November 9, 2012

Will I get used to being a cashier :/?

I'm a sales associate at Barnes and Noble and this is my first job using a cash register. Today was my second day on the job, still training, and I cashed people out for the first time.
I just got so easily confused with all of the different actions and everything, and the woman training me walked away so many times and there was only one other girl on register with a huge line of annoyed customers because I got confused and couldn't continue cashing out this woman without help. :/
It was really nerve racking and confusing and I hate to be a burden to all those people.
I'm really afraid I'm not going to adjust because I am a slow learner, and I get overwhelmed kind of easy.
How long should I stick it out for?
>>> Will I get used to being a cashier :/?