Saturday, December 1, 2012

Device to read Hebrew eBooks for sale in the USA?

I just purchased a KindleFire for an Israeli friend, because I know he wants to read books in Hebrew and I assumed he could download Hebrew ebooks. Now I'm finding it might be very difficult for him.Is there a different device I could purchase instead? I need the gift in the next 2 weeks. I've looked at the Nook and Nexus7, but none of them say if they can display Hebrew eBooks.
*The eVrit website looks awesome, I've seen him reading some of the printed novels they list for sale as ebooks. But I cannot figure out how to buy an eVrit device.
Added (1). If it wasn't clear I am in the US and I cannot read or speak Hebrew.My Israeli friend has moved to the US and I'm looking for a device he can enjoy here, but still get to read in his native language.
Added (2). "I don't see your point.
Kindle Fire is the a good Hebrew ebook reader.
They even has a version which comes preloaded with Hebrew books"

Huh? We called Amazon Kindle tech-support and asked them this and they told us NO, there are no Hebrew books available on Amazon (except for bibles and textbooks to teach you Hebrew). Where on Amazon are you finding this? Link please!
>>> Device to read Hebrew eBooks for sale in the USA?