Saturday, December 1, 2012

Is this anonymous gift a good idea?

Hi there. I really like my boss as a friend (ok, maybe a little more than friends). He is one of the nicest and most openminded men I've ever met because while many employers would find an excuse to fire me, he did not fire me for transitioning from male to female and instead said I had his support. Not just that, there are so many good things about him. He just told me he's going through a separation with his wife. I would like to leave him an anonymous gift because I want him to know that he is loved and appreciated by his people, especially during this hard time. But I don't want him to know the gift is from me because I don't want him to think I'm obsessed or creepy.

1) I'm thinking about getting him a Nook which is an Android-tablet made by Barnes & Noble.It will NOT cost me anything because I will be using my credit card's miles on it. The tablet is worth $100. I thought it would be a great gift because his cell phone is Android-powered and he travels a lot so I'm sure it would be nice to have a bigger screen to access Facebook, watch movies, read, etc.Is this a good gift or it's too much? If too much, what should I get him?

2) I refuse to use my name but should I add a short message saying something like he's a good person or just leave the gift blank? Should I leave it on his desk when everyone leaves or have USPS send the package to our workplace anonymously? If it's left on his desk, he'll know it's one of his workers. If it's from the mail, he could also think it could be one of his clients.

Thank you for any suggestion :)
>>> Is this anonymous gift a good idea?