Friday, December 21, 2012

What are some good paying jobs to have in college?

I'm going to a community college next year.My parents are helping with the tuition, so I won't be worrying about that. I will be moving into an apartment with some roommates near the campus, so I can take care of my two cats. The monthly pay per person is about $345, and monthly fees for the cats are $35 per cat. That's about $415, not to mention other fees during school and such. I'm going to get my GenEds(math, science, general core classes), out of the way. I live in a city where there will be plenty of jobs, and I will be getting several jobs this summer to save up money. I do have a job at the moment, but I'm part-time because of my grades. I have a lovely boss.
The places I am thinking of working at are: Barnes and Noble, a movie theatre, an antique shop, a restaurant. I think I will also freelance critique writing for other students, because I have a great deal of writing experience and people respect my opinion when it comes to writing, stories, etc.
So my question is, while I wouldn't turn my nose up at a minimum wage job, I want a job or jobs that will be able to pay me well-enough to be able to pay for myself and my cats. Please post helpful answers.Do not tell me to get rid of my cats. The apartment I am looking at is the only one I could find that is near the campus and is pet-friendly. Also, to current college students, what do you do for a job? If so, what is your schedule like? I will likely have a full schedule and I want to have time to do homework, as well as the occasional night out on the town. Thanks in advance!
Added (1). To the trolls that are posting, I will not get rid of my cats. I bottle fed them and have raised them since birth. They calm me in time of depression.To the other person, I do have skills. I am intelligent, and people like me because I treat them with respect and kindness and they return the favor.
>>> What are some good paying jobs to have in college?