Saturday, December 22, 2012

What is the best tablet for $200?

I am looking to buy a new tablet.It will actually be my first. I have a laptop, but want a tablet just for watching movies & surfing the web. I am looking to spend $200 maybe a little more, if I have too. Absolutely no more then $250. Since I am buying a new virgin mobile cell for $150-$200.So between the two I will be spending almost $500.

Anyway, I want 16GB of memory. I would like something that is fast, durable that doesn't smudge much or leave fingerprints. Something with droid 4.0 or higher.

I am looking at several tabs, but I figure I should ask anyone who may own one of these. If they are a good buy or just to avoid. I am sure this will help others too.My first choice was the Kindle Fire HD. When I was looking at a review of it online. I saw a review for a nexus 7. Then I saw a few more & it became a harder decision to make. I will just list the ones I am looking at below. If you know of one that may be better then these. Feel free to let me know. I do my homework on what I buy. I could use some help with this one though.

Heres the list:

Nexus 7 by google $199
Nook HD $199
Kindle Fire HD $199
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 $230 (is it worth $30 more then the others?)

I haven't heard anything bad about the kindle fire hd, except amazon is to cheap to give you a charger. They just give you a cord to charge it via usb from a laptop. They charge $19.99 for their charger. You can buy a generic charger for $5-$10. I saw a complaint about the nexus 10 & screen issues. I wonder if that carries over to the 7. I would like as much feedback as possible.So if you own one of the above & just want to review that. I would be happy to see what you have to say. I want the pros & cons.

I appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill
>>> What is the best tablet for $200?