Saturday, January 12, 2013

Is it possible for a pet rabbit to survive the wild?

I had a female pet rabbit who escaped the house this evening, but we didn't realize until around 7pm, when it starts to get dark. I have tried calling, searching with a flashlight and crawling on my hand and knees EVERYWHERE looking for her, along with looking in every nook and cranny anywhere near my home and the neighbors. I haven't found her yet, and am worried she didn't make it since it is dark outside now. We do have stray cats, which adds to the worry and looming probabilities that she won't make it. Also, she is a smaller bunny, about the size of a teenage regular bunny seeing as she is half miniature. But this does not affect her in speed, which I am hoping is a good thing. She has outrun my full grown boxer when she got loose outside a while back. Although we has been hand raised since she was only days old and has only had outside activity in a fenced off cage.So is there a probability that I can get her back? Or is it time for me to call it quits and give her a proper burial?
>>> Is it possible for a pet rabbit to survive the wild?