Monday, January 7, 2013

Is this a good enough reason for a Crisis Loan?

Okay, So i'm planning to apply for a Crisis Loan tomorrow morning. Here's a little background information:

Two months ago I was made redundant due to the business I was working at going bankrupt.In an attempt to gain some form of financial security I applied for JSA and Housing Benefit (It wasn't to my taste, but it was needed). Everything went smoothly and my JSA was set up, etc.

Then in the middle of December my father, who lives in Switzerland, rang me to offer me a job over in Switzerland working for him and that I could start in mid January.So I stopped my JSA (not really knowing that I had to tell them, I just figured If I don't sign, then they'd get the idea) and what money I had left over from my previous job tied me over for the rest of the month.

Unfortunately and to my dismay, my father rang me on the 4th January to tell me that he could no longer offer me the job due to a failed deal with his business and a bank in Milano, Italy and he would not be able to re-offer the position for another 3 to 5 months minimum.So as you can imagine, I'm back on the prowl for jobs and I have had to re-apply for JSA. The application has been done over the internet, which i did on the 5th January. Now my question is, is this a good enough reason for a Crisis Loan seeing as all my finances are completely spent? Obviously I expect the assistant behind the phone to question every little nook and cranny and I am happy to oblige to any of their questions - but how would I give evidence on such a matter?
Added (1). Unfortunately no, my father cannot offer me any form of financial backing due to the failed deal. He lost a lot of money in this case!
>>> Is this a good enough reason for a Crisis Loan?