Friday, January 25, 2013

Library/Barnes and noble employment - NYC?

I currently work at an airport and the company I work for has been quite disorganized as of late. Paychecks coming up short and hours being cut tremendously. I have a huge urge to work in a book store or library after a while of thinking about it. I love the quiet atmosphere most libraries have and would love to be a librarian assistant. I feel the same towards barnes and noble and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work for them. I've tried calling multiple stores and libraries and have been told that many of the libraries employees are being cut. I've applied to two barnes and noble via monster, and so far no anwers. I guess I'll have to be lucky to find any library that needs a page, or any volunteer work done. Would anyone in the nyc area know if there are any barnes and noble or libraries hiring or that would at least accept volunteer work until I can get job in one of these areas. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've worked at taco bell for 4 months, tradefair supermarket for a year and 2 months, and have been working at the airport now for 7, going on 8 months, so I do have some customer service experience, and am willing to work any position at a book store or library.
>>> Library/Barnes and noble employment - NYC?