Saturday, January 5, 2013

What can I do about my fast food job?

I am 18 years old and I work at Jack in the Box on the weekends because I am a full time college student. The older co workers are extremely nice to me, but the ones that are my age are the opposite. The workers that are my age are full time Jack in the Box employees, and they make me feel like I am not welcomed. I am the only employee that is in college, and they make it seem like it is a bad thing.
For example, there is this girl that is newer than me and she thinks that she is all that because she is on drive thru… I cant do drive thru because my Spanish is not great, but she is always commanding like if I am an idiot. The customers are something else too, but I understand that there are rude people everywhere.
I feel like quitting and working at somewhere like Barnes & Nobles, but at the same time I do not want to give my co workers that kind of satisfaction.
P.S the team leaders are really close friends with the full time employees, so I do not know if I should tell them anything.
>>> What can I do about my fast food job?