Sunday, February 3, 2013

Can my apartment owner remove an unpaid pet from my apartment without my permission?

2 days ago, everyone in my complex was notified that maintenance crews would be coming around between a certain time to install new smoke alarms. Now, our apartments allow pets, but you have to pay a 50$ per month fine.So I bought a baby corn snake recently, and have his cage all set up in the living room. The maintenance guy comes, and goes, and I go on about my day. I don't remember if I saw the snake that night in his cage or not.

But the next day, I noticed the snake was missing, and the lid was still on the top. Its not a very heavy lid, but I suspected that my baby corn may have grown strong enough to push the lid up enough to escape. After hours of searching every nook and crany, There was no snake to be found in this small apartment.

My question is, could the man working for the complex have removed my snake by order from the office, or is it even legal for them to forcefully remove a pet? seems like they would just charge a fine..or maybe the guy was a jackass who didnt like snakes and threw him outside or killed him…

Thanks…
>>> Can my apartment owner remove an unpaid pet from my apartment without my permission?