Friday, February 1, 2013

What would be considered damage to a collectors book?

I am a big fan of Zelda and had Hyrule Historia pre-ordered since August. Well when I finally got it in the mail (a day late) it's corners were bent and squeezed, so I went over to Barnes and Nobles I exchanged. I didn't notice until I got home that the 'D' in Zelda's paint was chipped off the tiniest bit (a little silver instead of gold).So I exchanged that one (still in plastic wrap) for a new one. The man gave me one that someone pre-order, but didn't pick up yet. I got the new one and it was fine.So now that person's book has a small chip in the 'D' and I feel like I did the wrong thing. Would you consider this damage because now I feel really bad. Thank you.
Added (1). By the way, the plastic wrap is off so I can't return it
Added (2). Also, although the chip of paint is small it is noticible
Added (3). Besides the chip it was in good condition
>>> What would be considered damage to a collectors book?