Monday, March 18, 2013

I need a home network?

Ok, here's the deal: I Originally installed a cable modem and a wireless router upstairs on an Xp computer. I was downstairs with a built-in adapter on my computer. That was several years ago and now we have laptops and tablets in the house and they all share the connection just fine. I now have two computers at my workstation downstairs and would like to share files between them. I get tired of plugging in a usb drive to one, writing to it, unplugging it an plugging it into the other computer and opening the file. If I had a network I wouldn't have to do that. The computer that the modem and router were originally installed on is not even used anymore and is turned off. The various computers and tablets in use use various OS. Android and Nook for the tablets. Win Xp, Vista and 7 for the computers. Can someone take me by the hand and show me what I need to do? I would like my Win 7 Ultimate machine to be the server, since that is the most powerful.
Added (1). >>>>Creating a network to transfer files is actually not necessary. You can just use a file sharing service to transfer your files from machine to machine. If both machines run a windows os then there is a file sharing service already available to you.
You could also look into using a web based storage area where you would have access to your files from any device anywhere.<<<<<

Ok but that is still the same thing I have to upload to the server and then download to my other computer. I have several domains so I have plenty of cloud space. BUT:

I WANT A NETWORK

См. статью: I need a home network?