Thursday, May 2, 2013

Comet goldfish bottom-sitting, sick and looking depressed?

Okay I've posted several things about the condition of poor little JoeBob. He hasn't seemed to get any better or any worse. He is in a 20 gallon (yes I know I said 15 in earlier questions, I realized now that it's actual a 20) with two other much larger goldfish. The other two are healthy and happy looking, while he is sitting unmoving on the bottom. His dorsal fin is up which I find peculiar considering most sick fish have it pinned back. He's two years old.
My tank has an active filter that bubbles back in. I took a water sample to a local fish store today to get it tested and they tested for everything and said it was all fine, so it's not the water quality.
He just looks so depressed. He sits in this little cave thing I bought him and stays in the farthest corner of the cave where I can't see him or check on him. I've had to lift up his cave to get him to come out so I can look at him. He swims around but then he just settles on the ground.
The only physical things I've noticed is he is opening his mouth with every breath. He never used to do that.It's not oxygen problems because I had that tested.
Also, I did notice a slight bump or crookedness on the head infront of the dorsal fin.It's not a growth or anything, it's just kind of bumped up just slightly.It's probably nothing but you never know.
He also has these almost darker colored stripes going down his side that I don't remember being there?
Lastly his tail looks almost disjointed or lifeless when he's lying there.
He sits in the cave and buries his face into the nooks and crannies in the cave. Once he's buried his face in there he just sits there for long periods of time.
I just put some peas in there just in case, but he hasn't touched them.
I preformed a 50% water change yesterday and I think the water I added may have been a bit warmer than it usually is?
Please, I care so much for JoeBob and I don't want anything bad to happen to him.
I took a photo of him when I got him to come out of his cave.
Please help:
image

image

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww196/Sandstorm24/41C36BC4-CBEA-4548-86D3-3715F03966B8-2232-00000477E20C25A5_zpsdae266dc.jpg

См. статью: Comet goldfish bottom-sitting, sick and looking depressed?