Wednesday, July 10, 2013

How to follow up after applying for a job online?

I am currently trying to find a job in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles. I go into stores all over town and about 80% of the time they tell me to go online and fill out an application. I have done this so many times and have never gotten a call from any of them. I have called into a couple stores to let them know I'm still interested, but this still doesn't produce results.

So what is the best way to follow up after you have applied online? I would prefer answers from any of you out there who may be a current hiring manager at any place that takes applications online, (e.g. Starbucks, Barnes and Noble, Cheesecake Factory,) or anybody who has been hired by a similar establishment. What do you think made you stand out above the rest for getting that position?

Most recently I applied to Barnes and Noble as a bookseller, and that would really be the ideal position for me.

См. статью: How to follow up after applying for a job online?