Friday, July 12, 2013

Which two Criterion Collection movies should I buy (from the ones on my list)?

Until July 29th the Criterion Collection movies are half off at Barnes & Noble. I can only get two and I have narrowed down my list but now it's getting really difficult to choose. I have seven films left on my list (and I have only seen one).

1. L'avventura (1960)- Michelangelo Antonioni
2. L'eclisse (1962)- Michelangelo Antonioni (This is the one I have seen.)
3. Pandora's Box (1929)- Georg Wilhelm Pabst
4. Breathless* (1960)- Jean-Luc Godard
5. Rushmore* (1998)- Wes Anderson
6. On The Waterfront* (1954)- Elia Kazan
7. Band Of Outsiders* (1964)- Jean-Luc Godard

Above I have included the film titles, years, and directors; and the ones with the * means that film is a blu-ray disc. I might suggest looking on the Criterion Collection website to see what the features are for each film.
I would really appreciate anyone's help and opinion on which two films I should get, especially since I have only seen L'eclisse. Thanks!

(I would also like any suggestions of films I should see or buy in the future from the Criterion Collection, maybe if you have a favorite that I don't have on my current list.)

См. статью: Which two Criterion Collection movies should I buy (from the ones on my list)?