Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Do I have a Staph infection?

Hi all, I've been having recurring staph infections since August 2011. This July, I was hospitalized for the night for a staph infection(my fourth) that suddenly caused a fever of 102/103. Two weeks ago, I began to develop what I thought to be a stye on my
upper left eyelid. Over the course of the next day, it got larger and more rounded and took on the appearance of a hard boil rather than a stye. I put a hot compress on it the entire next day, and it didnt come to a head. The next morning it was much better, and gradually faded away until there was just a tiny tiny sore spot remaining.

Over the next couple weeks, I had pimples in both nostrils that went away. Two days ago, my lower left eyelid began to become sore and red. This morning it was huge and painful to blink. I put on a hot compress and eventually it came to a head. This was no average size stye, It was an angry red boil on my eyelid. Now, during the past few days, I have felt what I thought to be a pimple in my right nostril, which made my nose tender yo touch and was draining on its own, however slowly. This evening, With a light up my nostril and a magnyfing mirror, I was able to take a look at my nostril and annoyed to see a boil in my nose. I was able to fully drain the angry thing, pressing every nook and cranny. Let me tell you, there was far too much pus for it to be a pimple. All during the past few days, My lymph nodes on either side of my neck have swollen and become painful. I also had a tiny absess on my right shin, nothing too large, but it felt like a boil and leaked clear liquid. Any thoughts on a good course of action?

См. статью: Do I have a Staph infection?