Saturday, August 24, 2013

Is The Mortal Instruments kind of a romance book?

I saw a commercial for the movie and found out that an artist that I enjoy listening to sings a song for the movie and decided I should read the book, I'm barely on like chapter 4 of the first book (it's really interesting so far for me), but I just found out that it's similar to Twilight. I know that Twilight is based on romance and I dislike it, I'm a girl, but I hate books that are based on romance, I find them really cheesy and stupid how the girl focuses on the lover and doesn't do anything with her life if he's not with her. I bought it at Target and it was in the "Middle School Readers" area (or "Middle Grade Area). I know someone didn't just throw it there because
1. The book had the label saying, "The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones" under the stack of books.
2. The other books from the same series were next to it
If it is a book based on romance, please tell me.Is it like… completely a romance book? Like, the book would be under the"Romance Novels" section at Barnes And Noble? Or is it mostly action and has a few romance scenes?
Added (1). Yep, just got onto chapter 4, I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm guessing people are just looking down on any Young Adult book that has a side romance and supernatural creatures because of Twilight.

См. статью: Is The Mortal Instruments kind of a romance book?