Saturday, September 7, 2013

How to get rid of these ants?

They are driving me insane! We sprayed around the outside of the house, around every nook and cranny in the kitchen. Up the walls and around the doors. I have been getting rid of food right away and wiping up all the crumbs. The spray sure did a great job killing on contact. And apparently it really did create a space where the ants wouldn't go (for a little while at least) but all that meant was that the ants moved on to other strange places where they weren't before. Like in my pots and pans cabinet. And crawling around my refrigerator door water/ice dispenser. Not inside of it, just around it. And then up to the top of my fridge where there is never any food kept. I just started a wonderful crock pot dinner only to come back a few minutes later to find some crawling around the lid. Dinner RUINED! They weren't on the counter this time, apparently since they were in the pots and pans cabinet (which I found out right after starting the meal) they must have been inside the CLEAN crock pot base and the heat must have scared them all out into the top. I'm completely disgusted! I've even started to find them crawling around my 2 year old's floor every night when I put him to bed, and we never let him have any food in there! There are always a couple wondering around my tub too. Every now and then I even find them on me!!! I know that its almost fall and I am hopeful that means they will just disappear but I am hearing stories of all year round ants that are really starting to get me scared. What can I do? And something practical that can be used with a child, a baby on the way and a cat in the house?

См. статью: How to get rid of these ants?