Monday, September 16, 2013

Why didn't my Henna stain?

Ok, I'm a little upset that my henna has not stained. I'm new to the whole process, so I'm hoping someone can point out somehting I did wrong.

I bought a kit from Barnes and Noble that was dated 2012. But when I searched online most people say that powder is good for a few years. I followed the instructions carefully. I mixed the powder, which seemed to smell fresh and not stale, with lemon juice and sugar until I had a paste-like consistency. Then I let it sit in a plastic baggie on the counter for 24 hours. I tried it on my clean skin on my arm in a small pattern. After it began to dry I applied a sugar/lemon mix to lightly moisten it, and then I blow dried it for like 20 seconds. I let it crack and fall off and there was no stain at all. Nothing.

I left the mixture in the cone baggie and set it back on the counter for 24 hours more. (I read that since it has been cooler in my area that the dye might take longer to release.) I just tried a new design on my other arm and sealed it with lemon sugar but did not blow dry it. After it cracked and peeled I realized there is still no stain.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Is the stain supposed to appear after an hour or so? Helpful advice would be great!

См. статью: Why didn't my Henna stain?