Friday, January 17, 2014

Can I still get my 4 month old baby to fall asleep on his own…or is it too late?

My son will be 4 months next week & he has never been a self soother yet (first child). We have a bedtime routine starting between 6:30-7:30 depending how long his last nap takes (story time, baby massage with lullaby, put on jammies, & bottle). He always falls asleep while feeding. However, he does not stay sleeping…ever. It ranges anywhere from 5-20 minutes & he's up crying away. He has gotten into the habit of being rocked to sleep (yes I know that is my fault), which wouldn't be so bad, but once again once fallen asleep, put in the crib, 5-20 minutes later - screams from the bedroom. My husband & I tried the CIO method a few nights, but quickly learned it wasn't for us. We've tried rubbing his tummy/chest to soothe him, but the screams don't lessen. We've tried a sound machine & projection on the ceiling. We've tried a nook & security blanket. We've tried pretty much any method we've read in a book in the last 4 months. We just can't seem to get the bedtime to go any smoother. Naps during the day he's OK - he stays sleep once down (USUALLY takes 3 - morning(about 1 hr), afternoon(about 1 - 2 hrs), early evening(about 40 minutes-1 hr…it's just at night he doesn't want to in the slightest. If anyone has ANY tips on self soothing or just getting him to stay sleeping once put down for nighttime…we'd be greatly appreciative! Thanks:-)
Added (1). I know a lot of people are suggesting a later bedtime, but we've tried that too.it only makes him more cranky

Читать далее: Can I still get my 4 month old baby to fall asleep on his own…or is it too late?