Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I sometimes never find what I'm looking for on Netflix or Amazon Instant Video or Redbox?

I often do a search for a movie that seems really exclusive such as Batman Returns from 1992, the Addams Family from 1991, 101 Dalmations from 1996, or something like Leonard Part 6 from 1987. I run the search query, and it turns out that the movie is not available to watch instantly. I seem to have concluded that Amazon and Netflix probably don't care about the old classics and instead specialize exclusively in current TV drama. I never see old movies on Redbox, only new releases. Are we meant to forget that Casablanca or Citizen Kane ever existed at all? There are alternatives such as the video store, the book store, and the record store, but several people are saying that those are going extinct. Some websites are even making the ridiculous assumption that DVDs and Blu-rays are extinct. How can they be? I've seen them at my local Barnes and Noble. My latest purchase there was the Criterion Blu-ray edition of It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. Is there something about marketing I don't understand? How came Amazon Instant Video and Netflix specialize exclusively in current TV dramas, and Redbox specializing exclusively in selling current movie releases and not classics like The Wizard of Oz or the original 1933 King Kong? Are they deliberately trying to make all those movies lost and forgotten, only keeping up with the times? Are there other ways to get the movies I want if they're not available on a streaming service?

Читать далее: I sometimes never find what I'm looking for on Netflix or Amazon Instant Video or Redbox?