Monday, February 24, 2014

My roomate stole $350 dollars out of my drawer, what can I do?

So this Saturday, I was talking with my roomate about getting another apartment together, our lease is up in June so we were making plans to get a new place together. While talking about this I told her that I had already started saving up my money and I had told her where I was saving it in my sock drawer (stupid I know but she is my cousin, have always been close with her and would never ever think she would steal). After we had talked later that day I went out to dinner with my boyfriend and she stayed home. That night I returned home and she avoided talking to me and left the apartment to sleep at a friends. In the morning I was going out to Barnes and Noble with my boyfriend and I went in the drawer and it was all gone! Knowing she was the ONLY ONE home last night I immediatley confronted her and she took hours to answer me back. When she did she proceeded to say that she thought someone might of broke in because the back door was broken. I checked our back door and it was certainly not broken and we keep our apartment very clean so if someone did break in they wouldve messed the place up and everything looked clean and also we have other valuable stuff in our apartment and nothing else was taken! She hasn't come home since this incident and has not contacted me. I don't like to accuse but I am sure it must've been her, also she has a problem with abusing perscription pills so it makes sense why she would need the money. Is there anything I can do? I figure because it was cash cops could not do much about it so I did not call, and I already am moving out this week because I do not feel safe there, but is there anything else at all I can do that was my hard earned money and she deserves to pay!

Читать далее: My roomate stole $350 dollars out of my drawer, what can I do?