Monday, June 16, 2014

Am I nerdy and uninteresting?

My parents are constantly asking if I hang out with the "nerds" or "geeks" at my school. They use to be kind of careful about it, but even now my mom plain out asks me if I'm a loser. I really don't think so. My school is divided into "sections", if you say, and all of the people in my classes maintain A averages, so there's no way I could avoid hanging out with smart kids. Sure, our interests are different then the other kids a little bit, but nerdy isn't really the way to describe us is my opinion. Yet again maybe I'm wrong. Mind trying to see if I'm "boring", "nerdy", or "uninteresting"?
Basic traits of me to get a better understanding:

- I don't really like to watch movies that much, but I'm a big fan of TV shows; mainly MTV stuff and AHS
-My music taste is "punk"; Of Mice & Men, Pierce The Veil, All Time Low
-I really enjoy books and magazines; a day at Barnes & Noble is a day well spent.
-I like social media like tumblr and instagram
-Coffee is a major part of my morning
-I dislike playing sports, but I could watch NFL all day long
-I shop at normalish mall places like Forever 21 and Hot Topic
-Hobbies include music listening, poem / book writing, photography, guitar playing, and singing.
Added (1). I do get all A's which I guess could qualify me as "nerdy", but my parents force me to get 4.0 GPA's, so I don't understand why they ask me "Are you a nerd?" if they're the ones basically making me to get those high marks.

Read more: Am I nerdy and uninteresting?