Thursday, June 12, 2014

Please review my cover letter?

Dear Barnes & Noble manager at Shops at Riverside,
I am writing regarding the open position as a bookseller, as shown on your website. With my great volunteering experiences, the valuable skills I have learned throughout high school and college, as well as my spirited enthusiasm for the world of literature, I think I am well suited for the position and can do much to benefit the company.
In the past few years, I have has various opportunities to volunteer at nursing homes, and food shelters, but most notably at a hospital. Because of all these experiences, I have been equipped with necessary values and skills such as patience and understanding, as well as the communication skills necessary to help all kinds of people. I have also spent my entire life working in teams, whether it is on the baseball field, or helping to teach a class at my martial arts school, so I am more than capable of working with anyone and taking initiative when needed.
As mentioned, I am an avid reader and am fascinated by the culture that Barnes & Noble is home to. I am a fan of all genres and I love to explore new territory, but I my favorites are classic literature such as Frankenstein and graphic novels from companies like Marvel and Image. I am excited about this opportunity to work with the company and spread the culture. My schedule is very flexible, and I will visit soon to follow up. I can be contacted at ________@gmail.com or by phone (___-___-____). Thank you very much for your time

Read more: Please review my cover letter?