Sunday, July 27, 2014

Why did my preferred dns amd alternate dns randomly change the other day?

I found this forum on the internet the other day to change my dns to allow videos to load on any of my browsers because all of a sudden most adobe flash videos kept loading and wouldnt play except for youtube and those videos loaded perfectly 2 weeks ago. I changed my dns because i noticed it had changed because i tried uninstalling and re installing adobe doing a clean re installation. I than checked my plugins in chrome, one of several browsers i have and checked the internal.adobe flash to see if it was disabled. It was enabled and i have the internal and external flash or something liked that so i made sure those were enabled or disabled and the videos still would not load when they did on my nook tablet connected through my router. Than i tried viewing those videos in compatibility view on internet explorer with no luck. I have Avast, malwarebytes, spyware removal program, and tdskiller. No threats detected. I did avast boot time scan so thats why i found out it might be that my dns settings were not open when i researched on the internet and as soon as i changed the preferred and alternate than checked the box obtain dns, all those videos worked again. They were not working on chrome, IE, firefox, and safari. Why did my dns get changed, and why were those videos not loadin 2 weeks ago but youtube worked perfectly? Could a virus go undetected even with all those reputable security programs? I only have one virus protection program cuz i know not to have 2 running.
Added (1). I even had my firewall disabled. Funny thing was that i could still play facebook games but i think that runs on shockwave flash and not adobe.

Read more: Why did my preferred dns amd alternate dns randomly change the other day?