Thursday, November 20, 2014

Filed a claim against Amazon?

My daughter needed a book for her class, and it's needed next week. I bought her the book on Amazon, and it arrived today. The book was written on, and the cover was ripped. I remember very specifically that I bought it under the 'brand new' section. However, the book isn't even close to being 'brand new'. The receipt inside my package says "Used- Very Good", which is very frustrating because I bought the 'brand new' copy. I filed a claim, and Amazon gave me a $17.00 giftcard. However, my daughter told me she doesn't want to return ten if I ordered another book for her, the book wouldn't arrive in time. I have emailed all of this to Amazon, but they didn't reply yet. He book, because she needs it Monday, next week. There are three days left, so even if I ordered another book, it wouldn't arrive on time. My wife told me that the seller should at least give me half of a refund, because this isn't fair how they sold me a used book when I ordered a new one. I went online to Barnes and Nobles website, and the exact book was $12. The "new" book I bought on Amazon was $13, and plus tax was $17. What should I do now? Can what my wife said work? Reply ASAP!

Read more: Filed a claim against Amazon?