Friday, January 30, 2015

Can you return an opened package to Amazon?

I ordered a book, from Amazon, to come to my house. But it was taking too long so I bought the book at a Barnes and Noble and cancelled the online order (it was still in 'shipping' status). However, after canceling the order, the book arrived two days later.

It arrived in a yellow envelope-like packaging with the bubble-wrap lined inside.

I opened the packing, and am unsure if it can be sent back.

My question is:

1.) Can I send this back? Should I go to the post office and get one of those white board envelopes and ship if back that way? How do I go about returning it?

2.) Just for my knowledge: if I hadnt opened the packaging, would I eventually have had to open it to send it back? In other words: to send this book back, I would have had to open it anyway to be able to resend it back, yes?

Thank you

Read more: Can you return an opened package to Amazon?