Friday, January 16, 2015

My HP Pavilion m6 won't find a certain wifi connection?

My laptop has no issues connecting to most wifi networks. However, it will not connect to the wifi in my apartment complex. My mac, Galaxy s4, and nook all connect to this wifi without issue. My laptop, however, cannot even find the network. It shows other nearby options but not the one that I need.

Everyone keeps telling me to reset the wifi router or check that wifi is on. I don't have access to the router and my landlord won't call the IT guy because my other devices connect to the network. And my wifi is on on the computer (like I said, it is showing other nearby options).

I don't know what to do. I tried manually inputting the wifi name and such and it's not working. I really need to use my laptop for school but without wifi it's not much use.

The laptop will connect to any other network without issue. And other devices connect to the wifi without issues. My laptop and this wifi are the only ones not cooperating.

Please, any advice?

Read more: My HP Pavilion m6 won't find a certain wifi connection?