Monday, March 2, 2015

Why do I act this way?

Ever since I was little, I have had this compulsive need to make everything around me straight and tidy. My room could come out of a magazine. Whenever I clean my room, I have to vacuum every nook and cranny, make exposed cords hidden behind furniture, straighten everything from books to toys to bed pillows, and clean dirt/dust off of every surface. I cannot function in my room unless I am 100% positive that everything on my nightstand, dresser, and other places are straight and organized. Every day when I get home from school, I have to straighten and remove dust from anything that looks uneven, it drives my brain insane! Whenever my parents accidentally moge something out of its place, I literally cringe and get mad at them. I don't know why I feel this way but it makes me feel like I am a total freak. I don't know what this would be called, maybe extreme neat freak? But it has gotten to the point where I become upset when I see a crooked poster or undusted nightstand or an unevenly placed tissue box in my room. Please help explain this to me!

Read more: Why do I act this way?