Thursday, November 12, 2015

Horrid Smell is making my dorm unlivable?


Okay, here's the thing, a good friend of mine came over and brought one of his good friends. She smelled terrible, but not in an unclean way, weird, I know.
Since she was here my entire room smells putrid. Like, hit in the face with it when you open the door. It's humiliating to have friends over.
But here's the catch. I've done EVERYTHING. I've washed everything, the window and fan are always going, I've washed my laundry, my bedding, I've spread vacuum scent powder in the carpet, I have an odor eliminator, I have an oil diffuser, I have spread my own perfume on everything upwards of five times, I've bought frebreeze. I myself bathe every night.

BUT.IT.WON'T.LEAVE

So I have been on my hands and knees crawling into and under everything SNIFFING this room for days hoping that something smells the same so I can fix it.

Nope, it comes from the air, and it seems self replenishing. The frebreeze doesn't even dampen it, not even for a second. In vain hope I've cleaned out my fridge, smelled my shoes…

Just… Help. Beyond destroying this room and exposing it to the open air, I'm out of ideas. Someone help!
Added (1). Yes. The window is open. I forgot one word and suddenly I have a disembodied fan. The walls are concrete, no rodents. Before anyone goes there the door has been opened to let it air out. Nothing works.
Added (2). There are no nooks and crannies. I live in a square cement block. There is a heater, but that's not where the scent originates. There is no decaying food, as I implied under "cleaned everything"

I… There's literally nothing hidden. I can see everything but behind the wardrobe, where the smell is also not coming from. Four corners, straight walls, solid concrete, heavy wooden door.

Read more: Horrid Smell is making my dorm unlivable?