Wednesday, May 11, 2016

How to keep your church clean?


I'm not talking about spiritually or morally clean. I mean physically clean.

Anyone who is familiar with my posts will realize that I do not attend church. I do, however, work frequently in the theater. I have found that the nooks and crannies of theaters are usually unspeakably filthy.

Now churches and theaters have a lot in common in terms of construction, with the obvious difference that churches are often larger and presumably harder to keep clean than an off-broadway theater.

So how do you keep them clean? Whose responsibility is it? Do the parishoners help? How do you get to the hard to reach places?

Churches are built, and presumably maintained, with a great deal of love. I'd like to take your expertise in the maintenance of such structures and add a page to my book.

Can anyone help?

And yes, I'm aware that this is slightly off topic, but please take it in stride. I genuinely would like your advice.

Read more: How to keep your church clean?