Thursday, January 3, 2013

I ran over a cement block and my car is leaking oil now?

Yep so the title basically says it all. Basically my boyfriend and I were at Barnes & Noble and getting ready to leave.My boyfriend was driving and there was no car in the parking space in front of us, so he pulled forward.My car made a huge thud and made an awful awful screeching noise from underneath. We got out only to find that my car was on top of a cement parking block and my car had chipped the top of the cement off the block. The front end of my car was raised by the block, and my back two wheels were planted on the road. We had NO idea what to do and so my boyfriend got back in the car and put it in reverse and tried to back it up, however the car made that AWFUL screeching noise again and I burst into tears and so we stopped. We ended up calling a tow truck, and for $50 it pulled my car off the cement block. I drove home carefully and let it sit overnight. This morning I went outside to look at it and noticed a puddle of oil (i think its oil) underneath my car. I looked under it also and noticed a bunch of scratches and dents. I know close to nothing about cars, so I have no idea where to take it or whats wrong with it. I have a Mazda 3, so it rides very low to the ground.Im also scared to take it anywhere because I'm afraid theyll overcharge me or charge me for damage that isnt there. PLEASE HELP i have NOOOO idea what to do!
>>> I ran over a cement block and my car is leaking oil now?