Sunday, January 13, 2013

My nook is literally taking over 24 hours to charge!

So my mom gave me her nook color (lightly used), and it was dead when she gave it to me. I plugged it in, and tried to turn it on immediately but it said the power was too low, so I waited about an hour. When I finally got back to it, it was at about 5% charge. I thought that was fairly ridiculous, but it was late at night and I was planning on going to bed anyway so I figured I'd let it charge over night and I'd be set. But when I woke up about 10 hours later, it was only at 34% charge.So I let it charge for the whole of today and it crawled it's way up to 49%. I find this to be entirely frustrating, and I want to know if there's something I'm missing.
The green N lights up when I connect it to the wall, it's off when it's not connected, so that leads me to believe it should be charging, but I think it's utterly insane for it to be taking this long!
Help!
>>> My nook is literally taking over 24 hours to charge!