Thursday, February 14, 2013

Can I get in trouble for this?

So I work at a Barnes and Noble, and this week they cut my hours by a lot, and only gave me one day of work in a one week period.So I wrote on the posted schedule in the break room, that I would be On Call yesterday, today, tomorrow, and Friday.
I covered a shift for someone last night.
Things have changed and I am only able to be 'On Call' before 3:00pm on the days I said I could take shifts.So I scribbled out my On Call days on the schedule, and left a note saying that I would cover shifts before 3:00 today and tomorrow, but Saturday I am now unavailable.
Can I get I to any trouble by doing this?
Things happened that are out of my control that I am unable to change, which means I can't work all the days I thought I could.

Ami just really over thinking this?
I never spoke to a manager about these changes, but left a note.
Added (1). I was never "officially" on the schedule. I just said I'd take shifts.
>>> Can I get in trouble for this?