Sunday, February 10, 2013

This is something I was inspired to write, will you tell me your opinion of it?

Two poets return, both were among my first here
where I came in, not at all a worthy peer,
but a novice with a series of poems that were all angst
and lacking in any true literary strength.
Overcome with emotion now I regress and write
just like I did then. I decided not to fight
these feelings. Instead I let my tears flow
after all, I didn't come here to put on a show,
I stumbled into a realm that had magic in its nook,
where I have read more poetry than ever in a book.
To Kevein and to Carol, Autumn Lover and MTR2,
I owe a bit of thanks to the magic in both of you.
You woke a sleeping part of me and made me feel
something that my future poetry will perhaps reveal.
I forgot how good it is to share the moments in this way.
May the magic carry you to a brighter, finer day.
>>> This is something I was inspired to write, will you tell me your opinion of it?