Monday, March 11, 2013

Poetry: Here you go Firecat pt.1?

1) Carousel

Carousel
Be the envy of my peers
From this spot 
You can take me anywhere

Every nook and crannie 
Of this flat planet
If isn't flat
There wouldn't be understanding

Carousel
You make me feel young again
Instead of pretending to be
Older than I am

As a young man
I'm filled with so much space
I've outgrown my inner child
And now my name

Makes me feel like 
I have a number in hand
Carousel
Spin faster so I'll wonder again

As your lights flash 
I feel so secure
Wondering why my friends 
Don't ride you anymore

When I turn on this spot
I feel innocent
Awashed in your colors 
My face lights up again

Somewhere a Parkinson's painter 
Is having a field day
I'd take chaos over false peace anyday 

Carousel
Be the envy of my peers
The happiest place on earth
Is right here

I'd rather feel like I'm five 
Than I do now
If I was someone else 
I wouldn't want me around




Snap back to reality
Back to the pyramid 
As the ride slows down
The dizziness settles in
 
2) Concrete Feet

Focused realities have started to burn
Dulled by the cities, let my eyes adjust
A tree that sways in a violent gust
That's rooted in hardening earth

And there will be no backtracks
My feet aren't fitting my footsteps
For better or for worse
I'm trapped in limbo

This barcode tattoo is none of your concern
With a darker pigement and all filled up
Please, remove these black and white cuffs
The mood around here is about to upturn

3) No Sunrise Tomorrow

Karmic imbalance
Bad things happening to
Good people
To bed late, early to rise
When the insect noises are still densely layered

There's no sunrise today
There'll be no sunrise tomorrow
Getting tanned off of pale stars
The world's in fallout

But you don't don't fall out
No, you don't fall out

A positive outlook
The perfect example of
A role model
But they'd rather look up to stars
Than on level with something more down to earth

4) Fahreinheit/Depth (Pale and Cold)

Started feeling nothing
And it's worrying me
Poke me all that you want
It won't break this feeling

I'm getting pale and cold
Does this mean anything?

A season changed within
Built internal armor
You can't thaw out from the inside

You're getting pale and cold
Never thought it would hit you?

I'm in over my head here
Everything you just said
Went right over my head

This is what life does to us
What it does to us all, to us all

5) Full Split

A full split
Where the post's light starts to dim
Uncharted and I was thrown in

With no tricks up the sleeve
No rabbit in the hat

Shock and awe
Shock and awe

The main attraction
The moment when it counts
When everything really counts
I didn't pay any attention

Doubt and fear
Doubt and fear

With no tricks up the sleeve
No rabbit in the hat

And I was just thrown in
I was just thrown in

6) Fidget

As I grew taller 
As I grew smarter 
The doors seemed shorter 
The rooms felt smaller

I grew restless 
I started to fidget 
Cupped my hands over my eyes 
Saw the world through my tunnel vision

As my hands grew larger 
The tunnel appeared longer 
The exit seemed further 
The more I was bothered

A rabbit's dream of leaving the hole 
I couldn't care less where I'd go 
A warm knife through soft butter 
I couldn't wait to cut away from others

As I grew taller 
As I grew smarter 
The doors seemed shorter 
The rooms felt smaller

I grew restless 
I started to fidget 
Cupped my hands over my eyes 
Saw the world through my tunnel vision

Layed down the foundations 
Layed down a sheet of paper 
Began to trace a pattern 
It couldn't be simpler

That very first breath of fresh air 
Had me foaming at the mouth 
If I knew then what I know now 
I would have spit it out

If I knew then what I know now 
There would have been less of "when" 
And instead more of "how"

7) Alackaday

Your rejected flavors
Match those of my own
Attracted to you though
Harmonic pheromones

Then the news came and the
Shutters closed over my eyes
You don't deserve a future so bright
The critic in me critcized

Formulas shouldn't be rewritten
Formulas shouldn't be rewritten

It'll never
Ever
Need revision

Your new smile scares
It makes you look so ugly
It's unknown, overblown
And to be frank, quite sloppy

A folded invitation
In such pretty print
Indoctrinated and laminate
One to stick on the fridge
Added (1). @ El Greco
Dammit, I can't think of a snappy comeback…

См. статью: Poetry: Here you go Firecat pt.1?