Sunday, June 23, 2013

Where are these mice coming from!

Strange question, hoping someone can give me some ideas… I own two cats, one about two years old, a neutered male who loves to go outside, and a 1 year old spayed female who doesn't really venture out much. I don't encourage it, but the boy loves to go outside so much sometimes I let him out onto the patio while our dog goes out and he loves it. He just rubs himself all over the patio marking his territory and I don't see that as harmful.

The other night our neighbor says she saw my little one outside clawing at her porch screen. This is really odd because I don't see how she could have gotten out AND back inside without me noticing, plus she doesn't like being outside to begin with. The second time this happened, our boy got out and was sitting on the porch waiting to be let back in. He couldn't have been out more than an hour, DH says maybe he slipped out between his feet. Sigh, men.

This time there's no evidence either cat got out, but there was a dead mouse on our back patio this morning. All these times I've checked all windows, doors, nooks and crannies. From what I can see, there's no way they're getting out and back in without me noticing. Could a stray cat have become friends with them and is bringing them treats? I haven't left any food out to give a stray ideas, and I haven't physically seen any strays around, but we live in the country. I'd like to at least see this cat and know that's what it is [not necessarily catch them], and not my babies running around outside all night. Any ideas?

См. статью: Where are these mice coming from!