Monday, June 17, 2013

Why does Barnes&Noble double charge for book purchases, unauthorized?

FACTS
Bought a leatherbound book for the first time from B&N, and it double charges without notice!

Payed with paypal; which is connected to my debit card.

I googled this issue and there are others with this problem but only for ebooks and gift cards. Neither of which I used.

STORY
The book was about 50$ so in my bank statement the same book was charged twice. A grand total of 100$ gone just like that. I'm a college student so that is a lot of money from personal savings. 3 days later it the 50$ was refunded.my bank account was almost emptied. Without my notice!

How can they take my money without authorization! I feel that this is completely unethical.It should be informed to the buyer, if they are going to double charge

QUESTION
Have you experienced this?
Why does this happen?

См. статью: Why does Barnes&Noble double charge for book purchases, unauthorized?