Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Do I need to list former employers?

I'm 16 years old, I've only had one job before & it was terrible. I was fired from that job & it wasn't exactly professional. You have to give at least 2 weeks notice if you're going to be unable to work on a certain day or for a prolonged amount of time, but about 2 weeks ago my grandma, who lives in California, called us and told us she was in the hospital for colon problems & she just wanted to notify us in case something went wrong w/ her surgery.It was really last minute & we were leaving to visit her only 6 days after she called us, so I told my job & they said that wasn't enough notice. I then explained to them the situation and offered to let them speak to my mother, which they didn't. They continued to tell me that I needed to come in for work.So i worked my shifts up until the day that we were leaving, and I just left. I know that's unprofessional, so no need to tell me. But long story short, I just got back on Saturday (we were only gone for a week), called my job to tell them I was back in town and one of the managers or employees told me I wasn't on the schedule.My reason for this question is because, if I'm called in for an interview for Barnes and Noble, I don't want them to call my previous job and have them tell my possible new employers that I failed to show up for work or quit without notice.So if I do list them as most recent employers, will B&N call them? Do I even have to list them as past employers?

См. статью: Do I need to list former employers?