Tuesday, July 9, 2013

UC Berkeley English Transfer Prospect - No time for a lot EC, work full-time: my chances?

Hey. I am hoping to transfer to UC Berkeley in the Fall of 2015 in the College of Letters and Science - Arts and Humanities. I just finished my first year at CC and plan on staying for another 2 years. I plan on completing the maximum units available for transfer for Cal (70) and a few others for UCLA (86). I am incredibly confident about maintaining my 3.9 GPA, but who knows, it may drop to a 3.8.My dilemma is I want to stand out as an English Major through extra curriculars, but I literally have such little free time on my hands. I work two part-time jobs as a Cafe Server at Barnes & Noble and a Sandwich Artist at Subway. These jobs place no emphasis on my place as an English Major (my prospects are Law School after). I merely need the money to get by on costs of living. I usually take 18-20 Units per semester (plus the two jobs) and I'm so exhausted at the end of the day to do anything but sleep. The only thing I can think of that makes me stand out even a little (but not much at all) is my involvement in student newspaper - but is that enough? Will my lack of other EC's reflect poorly on my application? I plan on having at least 50-90 hours of community service in helping end illiteracy or at libraries during the summer, but even that is not many hours. I would like opinions from people who have been accepted into this college/arts and humanities. GPA, EC, jobs, etc? Please, and thank you very much.

См. статью: UC Berkeley English Transfer Prospect - No time for a lot EC, work full-time: my chances?