Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Why are employers such as starbucks and other retail companies so picky nowadays?

I have a college degree at a school that is probably a lot better than the people managing these stores. Its like you have to work as a barista or bookseller or sales associate for 10 years to get hired or something. "We're looking for more experience." Ok I've worked in a starbucks before and had to leave so I could write my thesis. Its not a hard job… Selling books isn't either. Omg you need 10 years experience in book selling nowadays to work at barnes and noble. Why would you hire someone with that much experience in selling books? They should be moving up the ladder to a better job… and getting higher degrees. The only reason I got my job at starbucks the first time is because my sister's best friend and roommate just happened to be a store manager, so she made sure they hired me basically. I felt over qualified for the job but did as I was told. Most of the people I was working with were very rude and had no interest in college or ever getting a degree. Maybe it was just the area I was in at the time. But I worked at two different locations now that I think about it. They acted the same at both locations.

См. статью: Why are employers such as starbucks and other retail companies so picky nowadays?