Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Baby Chinese water dragons - Just how much attention do they need?

My birthday has recently passed and a family member got me a present. You guessed it, a baby water dragon! I have named her Ping. I have had scorpions, snakes, hermit crabs, cats, dogs, and birds, but this is a bit new. I've noticed that the snakes, scorpions, and hermit crabs needed less attention than our furry mammals. But, I've also never had a baby one of those animals. So, I'm wondering if I should give it a lot of attention. I usually take her out of her cage 2-3 times a day so she can get used to handling, but she constantly likes to explore, which I'm nervous about, because of all of the nooks and crannies in my house that I can't get to easily. Also, on a side note, what do I do about her crickets, which are constantly finding some teleportation device from the cage to my ceiling?

Read more: Baby Chinese water dragons - Just how much attention do they need?