Sunday, September 8, 2013

How to break into the field of editing?

I am currently a teacher (of all content areas) and am thinking of trying to get a job as an editor at a publishing company.

Though my degree is not in English or any form of writing, I do have a degree in education and experience in teaching English Language Arts and Reading.

To say that I am a book lover would be the understatement of the century for me. I love to read; I have a personal library of over 1, 000 books, not including the books I have on my Nook.

I have been doing some research and I think that both content and copy editing would be the right career choice for me to make at this point in my life. I want to be completely happy and fulfilled in my job.As much as I love my students, I don't feel as passionate about teaching as I ever have about reading.

I need some advice about how to break into this business. I'm not sure what qualifications are expected. I have looked into quite a few publishing companies, big and small, as well as digital publishing. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

См. статью: How to break into the field of editing?