Sunday, September 8, 2013

What to do if UPS says they left a delivery notice but didnt?

So, earlier in the week I ordered a package from Barnes and Noble, and they were to send it care of UPS. I signed up for their email tracking, so I know that my package got into town yesterday, september 6th, around noon.So, naturally I expected it to arrive today, but it didn't, and at 6:11 PM today I got an email that said this:

Exception Reason: POST OFFICE ATTEMPTED DELIVERY AND LEFT A DELIVERY NOTICE AT THE LOCATION. CONTACT POST OFFICE PER DELIVERY NOTICE.
Exception Resolution: POST OFFICE EVENT

It also said that they had come at 5:10 PM, when nobody was home (I was running a few errands at the time). I figured that this all meant that they had come, noticed nobody was home, and had left a note describing how I could claim my package. The problem is that they had left no such note, I looked all around the house and no note. I looked all up and down the street too in case it had fallen off and blown away, but there was simply no note. I tried looking at the UPS website, but since their support page is awful, I figured Id come here.So, my question is, how do I reclaim my package? Should I wait to see if they can deliver it monday? Should I find a support number and if so, where do I find this number? I thank you in advance
Added (1). Again, it wasn't in my mail, I received no physical notice of anything relating to my package. I dont know who to talk to at UPS about it and I haven't an inkling about how to go about finding out who they are or how to contact them
Added (2). I will reiterate that the package was supposed to come care of UPS, the tracking number they gave me was UPS, and UPS kept me updated with the progress. Now, just today they edited my tracking page to say that the package was transferred to the 'local post office,' which would seem to indicate the local USPS office, so I will check there tomorrow (as today is Sunday), and pick an answer if that was the problem

См. статью: What to do if UPS says they left a delivery notice but didnt?