Wednesday, June 18, 2014

How am I the one who is unreasonable?

My mom treats me like a 13 year old even though I turned 18 few weeks ago. I can't legally get a job, so moving out isn't an option (long and complicated story). I'm stuck with her for one more year. She won't listen to anyone and my relatives live far away, so I can't talk to them.

Anyways, I was out with my friends. At Barnes & Noble, I bought two books that were close to $40 but got almost half off. When I got home, my mom got so mad for "wasting money on something that won't help me with education" and took my card away.

She said things like "Do you know how much we need money right now?" etc, etc. Funny thing is, she expects me to understand everything when she doesn't explain anything at all. She kept ranting, so I replied "Maybe you should fucking start explaining **** to me if you want me to understand and act my age!"

According to her, I can't be a tomboy and should "act like a proper girl" even though she's fine with my brother being extremely feminine. Can't even play sports and video games just because of my gender. I can't even voice my opinions. Can't even choose what I want to wear (not something like Abercrombie). I can't watch anime, saying how it's waste of time and not educational. Funny how I used anime as one of the examples for SAT essay, yet I got a 10 on it.

I pointed all these things out too, and she denies all of it. I would love to cut her off when I'm in college, but I wouldn't be able to pay the tuition and maintain my status. Help?

Read more: How am I the one who is unreasonable?