Friday, July 4, 2014

Professionally Clean The Rug or Rip It Up?

So We had a flood in our basement where their is installed carpet throughout. About half the rug is ripped up from our last flood. Their are a lot of nooks and crannies where the rug goes. Anyways my parents tell me their going to rip the rug up this sumer. Flash forward 3 months later the rug is still their. What looks like black mold is growing up the wall and it stinks.
Their know deciding just to buy a rug steamer. They said its impossible that mold could be their because mold can't grow on concrete. It is a concrete floor I forget to add. I'm just worried know that their playing off the problem. Should the rug be ripped up. The reason they want to keep it is we can't get new rugs installed now and they told me they at least want some rug down their. Is their a mixture I could pour on it to kill the mold underneath. Chlorine? Anything if their even is any. Thanks!
Heres some pictures of it:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

Read more: Professionally Clean The Rug or Rip It Up?