Saturday, May 23, 2015

Why should I get a Kindle or Nook?


I have been thinking about getting one. My wife says I have too many books but I am addicted to reading and I have to have more and more books all the time.

However, I was looking at Kindle and Nook books available on Amazon and B&N and unless you want to read cruddy self-published junk or ancient public-domain books or re-issues of 70s pulp novels you have to spend about ten plus bucks per book. I would have a very hard time paying that much for an electronic file. I could buy a whole bunch of used paperbacks for that price.

So far the only advantage of a Kindle or Nook I can see is the space advantage of having so many books on your device. But if they cost that much, it seems like the device won't be worthwhile.

What are some other good points of the Kindle and Nook?

Read more: Why should I get a Kindle or Nook?