Thursday, October 29, 2015

Why can't I add an outlook email account to my android tablet?


I changed my daughter's nook over to android operating system. I downloaded and installed the googleplay app. When I try to use it, it says I need to have an account set up. So I tried to add an outlook email account through settings and it keeps telling the username or password is wrong. I know they aren't because I tried them several times. I also tried them on the computer and they work. I've tried both POP3 and IMAP. I've been using the following settings from the outlook.com site.

POP3
Server name: outlook.office365.com
Port: 995
Encryption method: SSL or SSL (accept all certificates)

IMAP
Server name: outlook.office365.com
Port: 993
Encryption method: SSL or SSL (accept all certificates)
Added (1). Also, I checked the box in outlook to "Let devices and apps uses POP"

Read more: Why can't I add an outlook email account to my android tablet?