Sunday, August 9, 2015

Who is the greatest occult author?


I have read various books from places like barnes & noble. All the books I can find there seem to be the equivalent of childrens books on the subject. They seem to jump into this theology quite suddenly with almost no actual knowledge being given. I think this is a dangerous way to learn. All seem to reiterate the same basic principles of behavior and respect towards life in general of which I am in agreement. But then after a brief explanation of cause/effect, they jump right into casting spells, which I am NOT in agreement with. To seek power without wisdom is a danger.
Recently I have found Eliphas Levi, Franz Bardon, Al G Manning and Aleister Crowley's more obscure works. While they don't seem so "bubblegummy", I found myself unwilling to accept many of their views (especially Al G Manning) and some of them seemed so obscure, some seemed so one sided in opinion that I was not able to take to heart the majority of what the authors were saying.
What authors would you guys recommend?
Added (1). One group of authors I have found, that I really like is J. H. Brennan and Dolores Ashcroft Nowiki

Read more: Who is the greatest occult author?